Friday 15 May 2020

A Love Poem

I want to tell you I love you. 
I want to say it over and over
I love you, I love you, I love you. 
Til I'm crying. Overflown.

But you wouldn't understand. 
Conjured images of 
intimacy and abandon. 
As if I've dedicated 
Myself to you. 
But it's not - 
I don't want that.

I have all these feelings 
So big and so much. 
How I appreciate you and 
How you brighten my day and
Make me laugh and smile and
Make me feel alright again. 

And I don't have the words for that. 
I was never taught them. 
All these familiar trappings 
I find myself stuck within;
Misleading and deceiving 
They twist my words. 
Make it something it's not. 

These aesthetics, they've weasled
Inside my mind, made me obsessed. 
Made it hard to see and express
The way I am, 
Outside the paradigm. 
And yet, 

I love you, 
So much and
Thank you...
Thank you for being there
And for being my friend. 
It was all I ever needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment