Thursday 1 July 2021

Korach in the Grove

 In the grove, shadowed by canopy,
I met Korach
Cloaked in dust,
And he asked to walk with me

The trees in the grove,
Have an unusual quality
Not of a kind, but rather,
Blessed with individuality
"Like us," he said
"But all still always the grove.'

I asked him his regrets,
And he replied:
"I have many,
But I doubt the one you suspect.

I would, even now
challenge Moshe though perhaps,
With more of my tribe beside me"

And with that a laugh
So we walked on, in the grove

time does not pass
As it does elsewhere, and yet

"The Earth still takes her share," Smiled Korach, waving me away
A breeze rising, causing leaves to sway
A wind pushing, pushing me away
A flourish that ends the day, to fill the air
"I must return to sheol, for
I have so much work to do there"

No comments:

Post a Comment