Tuesday 7 April 2020

Let There Be Light

Soft piano notes, 
The whistle of a friend, 
Harmonica and flute and drums and the distance between us becomes nought. 
We stand here at the edge of a universe 
A star dies. 
We toast marshmallows and we tell stories and we laugh and we cry 
Alone but together in the forest at the end of time. 
The twang of a banjo. 
Then silence. 
And then, 
Everything 
Sheer immensity 
I am every one and every thing 
Every speck of dust and every star in the sky
Every unturned rock and every trail not taken
I am it all
I am the light that shines 
The darkness that engulfs 
The rivers that run and the grass that grows and the rain that falls and the sands that flow 
I am every word ever spoken, every tear ever cried, every fear and passion and love and hate 
I am the trees and the dirt 
The mountains and the lakes
The deserts and the jungles and the frozen wastes
I am fire and I am flame and I am endless 
I am time and self and I. am. it. all. 
Everything glows
in the brilliance of existence 
and I bask in its glory. 
I let it overwhelm me. 
As everything, 
Every person, creature, stone and star 
Plummet into the vast emptiness of the void
I stand here as the universe dies 
And I am alive. And I am not alone. 
There's something coming, creeping over the horizon. 
And to those that come next
Unto you I give the world

No comments:

Post a Comment